Thursday, December 27, 2007

Shop Policies

PAYMENT
Payment is accepted through Paypal or Google Checkout. If you elect to pay using a Paypal e-check, I am unable to start work on your order until your payment has cleared, which takes at least 4 business days. If you wish to use Google Checkout, make a note when you purchase the item and then wait for an invoice from me.

COMMUNICATION
When you purchase a custom order from Plaid Valentine, you will receive a questionnaire about your items, generally within a few hours. I must receive this questionnaire back before I can schedule your work. I schedule work based on the order in which I receive responses, and not by the order in which I receive purchases. The sooner you respond, the sooner I will be able to complete your design.

TURNAROUND
Turnaround varies, based on the complexity of the order and the speed of communication, from a few hours to 7-10 days. I make a point of keeping you informed if there is a delay of any kind. The timeframe starts from the moment I receive your response to my questionnaire, so please submit your answers in a timely manner if you expect a timely response from me!

If you are in need of a design in a hurry, please indicate your timeframe when placing your order and I will generally be able to accommodate you.

DESIGN RIGHTS
I’m not fussy, but kindly refrain from purchasing something from my shop then hiring another designer to use it to create something else. If you need an item not listed in my shop, just ask! All my items can be adapted for other purposes (ie, a shop banner can easily be resized into a blog banner or a banner ad for another site at no additional charge) so there is no reason for you to take my creations elsewhere for modification.

The exception to this rule is logo design—once your logo is finished, you own the exclusive rights to the logo and can use for anything you desire. I reserve the option to display your logo in my portfolio, unless you request otherwise.

REFUNDS
I am ready to work with you until you are satisfied, and therefore no full refunds will be given. If you decide to terminate the project before I have worked on all items, you may be entitled to a refund up to 50%.

PRICING
In the "real world," graphic design can be expensive. Freelance designers often charge $35-50 *per hour* and more. I love designing for my Etsy clients, and therefore I have my services priced at rates that everyone can afford so everyone can have a great banner for their shop, great business cards, a hot blog, and so on. This is one of the ways (other than buying, of course!) that I make it my mission to support all things handmade. I give all my design work the same amount of attention, from my day job to my freelance work to my Etsy sales. If that means spending 2 hours on a $6 banner, then that is absolutely what I do. And I love it. In other words: you are not just paying for a few minutes of my time here. You are getting my full attention for as long as it takes.

DELIVERY / SHIPPING
All items in my shop are provided as digital files unless otherwise noted. You will receive all of your files via email or Etsy Convo following approval.

Pricing includes design services only at this time--I am happy to provide recommendations for printers at your request. I cannot provide printing services at this time unless otherwise noted or previously discussed.

No comments: