Wednesday, January 23, 2008

array: handmade style FAQ

-Why are you doing this?-
Because I love the handmade movement and want to support it in every way I can. With so many sellers now on Etsy, I know that it's impossible for me to see everyone's shop through my normal searching, so I decided on a call for submissions so I could see some new stuff! And of course, I am always interested in learning more about the people behind the shops, and I'm sure other people are too!

-Who can submit?-
Anyone! There are no requirements as to medium, number of sales, etc. You just need to have unique items, great product photos in your shop &, of course, the interest in participating!

-Will this be available in bookstores?-
Local bookstores perhaps, and maybe some independent shops elsewhere. But this will not be for sale in Barnes & Noble--at least not yet. This is mostly a labor of love for me, as I am doing everything on this project, from the initial concept to the design to the organizing submissions to coordinating the print runs. For now the book will be for sale on my website and other online means of distribution.

-So does that mean you are putting this together in Word and printing it at Kinko's?-
NO!
The book will be professionally bound and printed in full color on high quality semi-matte paper. The book will look like it was designed by a professional graphic designer--because it was. Me!

-Can participating artists buy the book at a discount?-
Yes--contact me if you are interested.

-How many artists are you accepting?-
25

-Can I help?-
Sure! If you'd like me to email you a flyer so you can help promote the project, just let me know!

No comments: