Tuesday, January 22, 2008

array: handmade style


I am so pleased to announce an exciting new project!

array: handmade style


This is a book featuring profiles of independent artists and crafters. I am currently looking for artists who would like to be included! There are no requirements as to type of media or number of sales--I am interested in unique, well-made items, gorgeous photos and general pride for the handmade life!

If you are interested, please send me an email (plaidvalentine AT gmail DOT com) or comment here with your shop address and some info on yourself and why you would like to be included. I will be reviewing information for the next few weeks and will have a finalized list of the artists by 2/15.

If you are selected, you will have the opportunity to submit photos and text about you and your shop. If you need help writing/editing your text, that's fine (I'm a pro!) but the only thing I can't help you with is the quality of your photos. I will need press-quality photographs no smaller than 1000px wide. If you don't know what this means, feel free to ask but please understand that I will not be able to use your photos unless they are this size.

I am handling the design and production of the book.

About the book itself:
-Full color
-An aesthetically pleasing square size of 7x7 inches
-Soft cover
-Professionally bound & printed

The book will be released in March. It is currently available for pre-sale in my Etsy shop. Buying the book before its official release will earn you a mention in the Acknowledgement section, and also a discount off the regular price of $35. Purchase here

Participating artists have the opportunity to purchase the book at a discount here
Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

1 comment:

East London Craft Guerrilla said...

Sounds good!
I am also a fellow crafter.I am currently working on a project which you might find interesting.www.eastlondoncraftguerrilla.blogspot.com As well as that I have a website (www.munano.co.uk)and an etsy shop so you can say I am passionate about the arts and all that is hand made!
Kind regards.
Deborah